As additional benefit to this gathering and to offer attending experts an opportunity to share their knowledge, the Conference aims to incorporate full day sessions on Wednesday, 15th July 2015 and Thursday, 16th July 2015.
The following will be presented on Wednesday, 15th July 2015 by workshops on the themes such as:
- Application to support sustainability management in Cuban energy sector.
- A framework for environmental management information systems in higher education.
- Support for improved scrap tire reuse and recycling decisions.
- Risk profiling for corporate environmental compliance management.
- Designing for engagement – A case study of an ICT solution for citizen complaints management in rural South Africa.
- A practical application of information technology in the waste management sector.
- Functional programming in the corporate environment.
- GRI framework for sustainability: empowering decision making by GRI Africa.
- Making integrated and sustainability reporting practical for organisations.
- Market trends and technological innovations in Integrated Reporting.
- Organisational impact and value add – recycling case studies.
- Contribution of mobile phones to township livelihood outcomes in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
Academic and Post-Graduate Presentations
Thursday, 16th July 2015, the following themes will be presented:
- An analysis of the perceived benefits and drawbacks of cloud ERP systems: A South African study.
- Collaborative network platform solution for monitoring, optimization, and reporting of environmental and energy performance of data center.
- Using social media to improve environmental awareness in higher education institutions.
- Sustainability reporting by South African higher education institutions.
- A living lab for optimising the health, socio-economic and environmental situation in El Salvador.
- Modeling the intention to use carbon footprint apps.
- Mass customization – Sustainability of a computer-based manufacturing system.
Masters and Doctorate Symposium
- A data replication protocol for real-world network topologies.
- Intelligent management of energy usage in a home environment.
- Prospects and approaches of greening Sub-Saharan African universities.
- Region-adherent distributed algorithms in faulty environments.
- A business intelligence framework for supporting strategic sustainability information management in South African higher education institutions.